• New, unique design that improves chair stability on soft ground - sand, mud, grass, snow - by increasing chair feet surface area 6-8 times. Chair Buddies size is 70mm in diameter
• Simple to use and remove - snap-on/snap-off
• Lightweight – a set of 4 plus packaging weighs 150 grams - low weight achieved via empty interior space and a rib structure for a high weight-strength ratio
• Made out of high impact strength polypropylene optimized for extended use in outdoor settings
• Reduces groundsheet damage in tents - three over-moulded solid rubber circles underneath stop the chair from sliding around
• Maximum recommended user weight is 110 kgs or 240 lbs
• Made in Great Britain
• Works with many different camping chair brands - fits camping chairs with leg diameter up to 14mm, and rounded foot diameter up to 25mm (one inch)
• Chair Buddies can be used with Alite Mantis chair, Helinox Chair One and Chair Zero, Nigor Sparrow and Morningbird chairs, Robens Pilgrim and many other chairs
• Chair Buddies are not compatible with Helinox Sunset chair, Helinox Chair Two, Big Agnes Big Six Camp Chair, Nigor Kingfisher Chair, Robens Observer Chair and any other camping chair with a leg diameter 15mm and bigger
• Comes in a set of 4 in its own easy-to-clean soft carrying case designed for ease of transport and maintenance
• Waterproof PU coating inside case prevents mud or dirt leaking out - both case and contents easy to clean with soft sponge or brush and water
• The slim shape fits easily in most chair cases - can also be attached to daypack via swivel snap-hook
I am 6’2 and weigh 20 stone. Before fitting these little beauties, I basically fell through the ground because of the stand feet on my camping chair. Now I am confident this issue has gone away. Great product and thank you for creating it.
It's a problem; the small feet on UL chairs sink in soft ground. I have even bent one leg of a chair while trying to use it in very soft sand.
I tried several DIY options, they are usually heavy for backpacking. I have tried ground sheets, but they must be made to fit your chair specifically, else they will either not work well or they will fall off when you move your chair.
Chair Buddies solve both of these problems. Weighing in at just under 30g each (according to my scale), they add very little to the base weight of your pack. If you are they type of person who would bring a chair backpacking (like me!), then this extra weight is more than worth the benefit. Additionally, they clip on very snuggly to the two types of chairs that I use. I do not have to worry about them falling off when I reposition my chair.
I would caution that you read the guidance provided about compatibility with size of the chair leg before you consider. One of my chairs is right at the limit and it is a very tight fit.
have rei flex lite chair. these fit great. althought the chair still worked at the beach. wth these attached we don't sink as much work great for what i wanted very easy to attach
I had previously bought a Helinox ground sheet, and not only could I never manage to put it on the chair, I'd read reviews from others that it had broken the chair, so I was looking for an alternative. These are brilliant, they're easy to put on/take off, they're lightweight, etc. Very happy with my purchase!
Very light weight and sturdy just like the website says. Perfect for backpackers who are worried about ounces. No more sinking into the ground for me!